Portia

Some spiders spin webs,
Ensnaring the unwary.
Other spiders sneak.
They pluck the web to draw out
And devour spinners of webs.

Because even the unlikeliest samurai ought to come with at least some superpowers for the kami to work with, haha!

rynobucket
rynobucket

Heavy…

Reply to  rynobucket

Is there something wrong with the gravity…? 😉

Reply to  rynobucket
MIC-MAC
MIC-MAC

I know some of them well. Great poem Ody. I am testing my WP account, this is a new one, so will be also commenting from my old one.

You have a very deep soul Ody. Your poetry is catching and makes me think inward.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!” –Sir Walter Scott Isn’t that what every good spy has to memorize? 🙂

LPD256

Jumping spiders aside, a woman named Portia driving a Porsche could also be dangerous and scary, even for non-arachnophobes.

Reply to  LPD256

Haha! 👊

GsGirl
GsGirl
Reply to  LPD256

Jumping spiders scare the shit out of me!!! Makes me want to shoot them all!!! Now that my felon husband is gone, I can finally buy a gun. Any suggestions??? Yes, it’s me!!!😍

LPD256
Reply to  GsGirl

Hey there! If you have a good range nearby, talk to an instructor about which guns you might try for your needs. If you don’t want to carry concealed, that says full size to me. I shoot 9mm. It’s a good place to start. Some to consider would be a Glock 17, Smith M&P, or a Sig320. If the range has rental guns try them! You’ll figure out which one you like. Those brands also have guns in smaller sizes but larger means less recoil. So, there you go. Then take some training. Hope you are well. Don’t shoot spiders,… Read more »

clluelo
clluelo

And I know which spider you are my friend

GsGirl
GsGirl

I’m sorry…you write about them so eloquently. I just want to get them the fuck out of my garage, especially the flying kind! Sir, I Love you, but if your next poem is about flying cochroaches, I will change that sentiment!!!😈

Great poem, but it is about Jumping Spiders. Man those things freak me out.

homanj1
homanj1
Reply to  Mason

My 6’4 240 pound son screamed about a spider in the bathtub. My wife came out with a piece of toilet paper concealing a daddy long legs. That was a few years ago. Tuesday he is enlisting in the National Guard. Hope he doesn’t encounter any spiders in basic…….

Reply to  homanj1

Lol, but I don’t blame him. Julie has to deal with the spiders in this house. Mice, rats, snakes, all kinds of wigglies don’t bother me. But some six or eight eyed fuzzy monstrosity starts eyeballing me, and jumping around, getting ready to leap at me . . . I go batshit. Your son is smart.

Reply to  homanj1

Also, congrats on your son going into the National Guard!

homanj1
homanj1
Reply to  Theo Dyssean

I won’t tell him there are spiders or my Wife will have to go to basic with him…..

JoniS
JoniS

Spiders are really smart. When I lived in the country I had a huge black and yellow spider build her web every night directly across our front door. She did this to catch bugs from the porch light. But every morning I would carefully come out and knock her web down because the door opened right in the middle of it. First time it scared me because I didn’t know it was there. Second time I carefully opened the front door but still knocked it down. On the fourth day, I carefully opened the door and she had moved her… Read more »

Scott Hooten
Scott Hooten

Good stuff. And sometimes the bats eat both.