A Crooked Man

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile

He zag-zigged as he tripped his path on down a crooked aisle

IMG_3223

He dwells within a crooked town and walks its crooked streets

And never says a crooked thing to anyone he meets

IMG_2240

The last I saw the crooked man, there pushing through his will

The one-and-same, the crooked mile, I’m sure he’s walking still

By Almighty God and with honor,

geo sends

JoniS
JoniS

Spectacular Geo! I know a crooked man named Stephen. If you give him anything he will try to trade you even. I’ve seen Stephen walk a crooked mile always with a smile. My group of friends try to watch out for him pushing his cart. He’s the sweetest man and you can tell all heart. I’m certain one day we will no longer see Stephen. On that day we know his body will have finally got even. The trials of the homeless are heartbreaking. Each a different story as to how they landed there and us to count ourselves lucky.… Read more »

Reply to  JoniS

Very good Joni

JoniS
JoniS
Reply to  georgehand

I’m honored you would pay me such a compliment. You provided the inspiration. There are likely crooked men in every city. The good and bad kind. You deal with both. I only see the good kind.. at least as far as I know….

LPD256

There is a crooked mile in every city. And crooked brothers and sisters. Sadly…..

Wow! Now you are a magnificent poet! The women in the photo is she with him? I am hoping yes, so hopefully, he is not crooked and homeless. My dentist’s wife was crooked like him. I don’t know what caused her crookedness, but over the years she has had a series of painful operations to straighten her out with rods inserted and fusions. She is still crooked, but not to the degree she was. Prior to the surgeries, she was getting to where she was always looking down. Now she is much improved — poor man, I give him an… Read more »

Joseph Giese
Joseph Giese

We’re all crooked until we meet a Therapist who
makes us walk the straight and narrow!!

Great poem Geo—you always make me smile and think.

My wife has scoliosis. If you saw her x-rays it would bring you to tears. She never complains, she stands tall, and works tirelessly as a mother, wife, teacher. This crooked man and my wife are of the same fabric. Day after day, moving forward, with nary a hint about the pain and discomfort. Thank you Geo, you find some of the most magnificent among us.

Di L
Di L
Reply to  georgehand

That’s the truth, Mason. Geo’s eyes sees with his heart! God bless your marvelous wife as your story blessed me.

GsGirl
GsGirl
Reply to  Mason

This is the most humbling and beautiful reply. As a Heathcare Professional in the field of Respiratory Care, I love your wife’s strength and your undying devotion. God Bless You Both💞

I think this has become my new favorite, George. You just capture a personality…an image, so well that I often feel I am watching life through your eyes and your heart. And with this poetry matched with your captivating pictures, I feel I know this crooked man with his soul of iron. Thank you for capturing him so beautifully.

susanjh01
susanjh01

Geo, another poignant piece. You capture people so beautifully – not just their physicality but their spirit and their trials and their pain. There is much depth to you, my friend.

The crooked man is truly an inspiration.

rynobucket
rynobucket

Reading this lifted a light melancholy I was feeling.. I don’t know if that is a crooked way of thinking, but it is true.

Nice perspective Geo.

Mon cher geo… clever poetry to compliment and complement your 1000-word pictures. Je suis content. <3

LPD256

You know Geo, when I was sitting around in a Surgeon’s office worrying about some minor surgery that would require me to be uncomfortable for a few days, this black guy in a motorized wheelchair that appeared to have almost no discernible body function rolled in with his Mom and parked next to me. I thought about his life challenges, and was absolutely internally embarrassed and pissed at myself for being a whiney little bitch. We really don’t have to look very far to be thankful and humbled. Lesson learned that day and frequently since.

GsGirl
GsGirl

So nice to read your writing again. Have to admit, this is one of your best! Crooked men, or women, sometimes it’s simply their souls…built by loss! Peace is in the sky!!!

Reply to  GsGirl

Good morning GsGirl. Let me know if you get notification of my note.

GsGirl
GsGirl
Reply to  Mic-Mac

No, I did not. Where, how did you send it? Did you text? Am having dinner with Phyllis tonight. Will check back later. Love you!😝

GsGirl
GsGirl
Reply to  georgehand

Mil gracias, Senor!!!

Su hermana!!! Dios esta an mi vida!
GsGirl